UAE RESIDENCY VISA
Being a rapidly developing country, UAE is attracting more people to get a job or invest in the country. With its amazing infrastructure and a huge variety of amenities, more and more people want to get a residence visa. In 2022, UAE’s population is approximately 10.08 million, while Indian expatriate population is 3.5 millions. Indians expatriate community are the largest ethnic community in United Arab Emirates, accounting for about 30% of the country’s population.
What is a UAE residence visa?
The UAE immigration authorities issue a document known as the Emirates ID which allows you to reside in any of the 7 Emirates in the UAE. The visa stickers that were stamped in passport are replaced by the Emirates ID card. The UAE residency visa validity is for the time of two to three years, after that time period your visa is due for renewal.
What are the benefits for UAE residency visa holders?
There are tons of benefits for the people who get the UAE residence visa, some of them are listed down below.
- It allows you to open a bank account under your name.
- Financial Facilities like getting approved for a car loan or a personal loan.
- Driver’s License will permit to drive a vehicle all across the country.
- The Health Insurance is integrated
- Education facilities for their children in a government or a private school.
What are the different types of UAE residency visa?
UAE Work Visa
Work permit in the UAE is usually issued to the immigrants who are either employed in the private sector or the government sector
UAE Student Visa
It is issued to the individuals who are pursuing studies within the UAE.
UAE Family Visa
It is granted to the people who are classified as dependents of the visa holders. Dependents are referred to people such as children, parents, domestic workers, caregivers and close relatives.
UAE Investor Visa
This residency visa is granted to the individuals who make a substantial amount of investment in the UAE. This is usually for a longer period of time (5-10 years).
UAE Retirement Visa
This is generally issued to the retired people who wish to reside in Dubai or any other emirate and possess an adequate amount of financials.
UAE Remote Work Visa
It is granted to the people who wish to live in the UAE but continue working with their current employer.
Apart from the types of visas that are mentioned above, there are two more categories:
Golden Visa: This Visa is issued for a time period of 5 to 10 years. Entrepreneurs, researchers with great talents in science or any other field and students who have promising capabilities can apply for this.
Green Visa: It is a newly introduced residency visa that does not depend on the sponsorship of the employer. Holders of this visa are entitled to sponsor their immediate family which includes spouses, children, and parents.
What is the eligibility criteria for a UAE residency visa?
When it comes to your eligibility for UAE resident visa there are certain requirements which may affect your application :
- Foreign Individuals who are either employed under a private enterprise or a government organization can apply for a work visa in Dubai.
- Candidates who have invested in the UAE in the form of establishing a business are entitled to the UAE investor visa.
- People who have bought property in any of the emirates in the UAE are also eligible for the UAE investor visa.
- To get the privilege of a Dubai resident visa the applicant must be of the age 18 or above
- You would have to take a medical examination in order to verify your health condition
- A police verification from the federal authorities is required to verify you aren’t a danger to society.
What are the required documents for a UAE residency visa?
The list of all the required documents is given below:
- The UAE visa application form
- A valid passport
- Two passport size photographs
- Proof of your sponsor’s residency in any of the emirate.
- In the case of a family visa, there is a need for submission of the proof of connection with the resident.
- For a work visa, your sponsor is required to include the work contract as well as the company’s valid trade license.
How to apply for a residency visa in the UAE?
When applying for a residency visa you have to follow certain steps:
Step 1. Check your eligibility
Step 2. Fill the UAE residency visa application form by accessing the official website.
Step 3. UAE visa regulations demand you to obtain your residency via your sponsor.
Step 4. An entry permit is required to enter the UAE border that is issued either by the Federal Authority for ID and Citizenship (ICA) or General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs (GDRFA).
Step 5. After your entry in the UAE you have to ask your sponsor to apply for your residence visa.
What is the cost and processing time for the UAE residence visa?
The UAE resident visa costs AED 100 but that depends on the type and duration of the visa that you apply for. The cost of the resident visa for Dubai can change if you want to include health insurance as well. The Golden Visa is issued for five years and ten years, the prices for both are AED 650 and AED 1,150 respectively.
Once an individual gets their entry permit which usually takes 1-2 weeks, the Visa processing takes time between 2-3 weeks. After this time period the individual is granted a residency visa.
How to renew the UAE resident visa?
For getting your UAE residence visa renewed, you need to follow the same guidelines you would for a new UAE resident visa (as mentioned above). Once you resubmit all your documents to the ICA ( Federal Authority for ID and Citizenship) they will proceed to issue you a new Emirates ID.
Why trust BOI Services with your visa process?
- Authorized and licensed Immigration Consultancy.
- Check eligibility based on the latest immigration rules & regulations
- Ensure a safe and transparent online process.
- Complaint resolution system to provide excellent customer support
- Profiles are evaluated with specially designed services
- Cases are assessed & rectified multiple times before submission
BOI Services is one of the best Immigration Consultancy in New Delhi, widely regarded as one of the most reputed and trusted Immigration Consultancy in India by its customers. We have helped hundreds of visionary people to successfully immigrate to UAE through Residency Visa. Our trained, well-versed, and experienced Immigration Experts are dedicated to support you with your immigration process.