Are you thinking of visiting your child who is settled in Canada? Visited Canada in the past on a visitor visa, but now planning to spend more time with your child in Canada? Then you can apply for the Canada Parent and Grandparent Super Visa.
What is a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa?
Parent and Grandparent Super Visa is a multi-entry visitor visa for Canada immigration, especially for the Grandparents and Parents of any Canada PR or Citizen. Super visa Canada allows parents and grandparents to visit their child or grandchild in Canada, they can stay in Canada with their children for up to 2 years at a time without the need to renew their visa or status. Parents and Grandparents of Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residence can come to Canada multiple times during the visa validity period of up to ten years.
Who can apply for a Canada Super Visa?
Parents and Grandparents of the Canada PR or citizens are eligible to apply for the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa. Canada Super visa for parent cannot include their dependents. If the applicant’s partner or spouse is also immigrating with them, they will have to apply separately for the Canada visa.
What are the Canada Super Visa Requirements?
Applicants who are applying for Canada Super Visa for parent need to fulfill certain eligibility requirements which are mentioned below, only then they will be eligible to apply for Super Visa Canada.
- Must show legal proof to show they are legal parents or grandparents of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Must have medical insurance of at least CAD $100,000 from a Canadian Insurance organization
- A medical examination is compulsory for Super Visa applicants.
To live in Canada, the parent’s or grandparent’s family member must:
- The main applicants have to illustrate that they are citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
- A Letter of Invitation (LOI) should be sent to applicant
- Must show financial funds to prove that you are capable of covering all your and your parents or grandparents expenses.
- Demonstrate that they earn more than the minimum income requirement.
How to apply for a Canada Super Visa?
The Canada Super visa can be applied for online or by submitting a paper-based application at a VAC (Visa Application Centre). Here are some of the documents which you will require to apply for the Canadian Super Visa.
- A Letter Of Invitation (LOI) from your child/grandchild who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident, offering financial assistance for your stay.
- Proof that your child or grandchild satisfies the LICO (Low Income Cut-Off) according to your family size.
- Have to show evidence of the relationship.
- Evidence of medical insurance payment from a Canadian insurance organization.
After submitting all these documents, you will have to:-
- Applicants have to undergo a medical examination before immigration and have to submit medical results.
- Applicants have to visit VAC (Visa Application Centre) to give their biometrics (Fingerprints and Photos).
What is the cost of applying for the Canada Super Visa?
Canadian Super Visa application processing fee is CAD $100. Applicants have to pay this amount to process their Super Visa application.
What is the Canada Super Visa processing time?
Super Visa processing time is nearly 8 months to 9 months. You should know that the processing time refers to the time it takes from the day IRCC receives your application and it ends with the Super visa in your hand.
What is the difference between a Super Visa and Visitor Visa?
Some of the key differences between the Canada Visitor Visa and Canada Super Visa are mentioned below in the table:-
|Visitor Visa||Super Visa|
|Visitor Visa is basically a Temporary Resident Visa that allows overseas nationals to visit and enter Canada.||A super visa is a type of Canadian Visitor Visa, through which only parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents are allowed to apply.|
|Can stay in the country for up to 6 months.||Allows multiple entries across 10 years. An individual can stay for up to 2 years at a time in Canada.|
|Visitors that want to stay on longer are required to apply for an extension of their visa, paying a new fee.||Single-entry option is also available, at the discretion of the visa officer.|
How BOI Services can help you?
The immigration consultancy services provided by BOI Services are top-notch, we have invariably innovated our services to deliver the best immigration consultation to every client who has come to us.
- Immigration: We will provide you with the best immigration consultancy, we will guide you throughout the immigration process.
- Procuring documents: We will guide you to organize all necessary documents before starting your visa process.
- Dedicated Team: With BOI Services, you receive a team of experts who support and guide you throughout the immigration process and there will be a single point of contact between you and the company.
- Permanent Residence: BOI Services can assist you to obtain permanent residency status in your dream country. We can help you to apply for a Canada PR visa in various countries.
- Work Visa: We have a team of experts who will assist you to acquire the job of your dream in overseas countries.
- Study Visa: BOI Services ensure that you qualify for a study visa and secure admission to top universities in the world.