What is IELTS Calculator?
IELTS comprises 4 levels: Reading, Speaking, Writing, and Listening. Each section of the IELTS test has a band score ranging from 1 to 9. This calculator will help you to evaluate your IELTS score and then convert your IELTS score to CLB levels. You can check your IELTS score from the calculator mentioned below, it will be beneficial for you if you know your IELTS and CLB score before you start your visa process.
What is the International English Language Testing System (IELTS)?
English-speaking nations such as the USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand allow immigration only if the applicant has taken an English proficiency test. IELTS ( International English Language Testing System ) is one such kind of English proficiency exam. The IELTS exam tests your ability to communicate and function in the English language.
Benefits of giving the IELTS exam
- It is accepted by all educational institutions, and multinational companies in various fields such as law, finance and accounting firms; pharmaceuticals and engineering, as proof of your proficiency in the English language.
- You get a choice to give the IELTS exam either written or on a computer.
- Results of the IELTS exam are accepted not only in Canada but in other English-speaking nations as well.
- A good band score in the IELTS exam helps a lot in your Canadian immigration process and also in obtaining a Canadian permanent residence visa.
Different types of IELTS exam
There are two different kinds of IELTS exams:
- IELTS Academic Test – If you wish to pursue education abroad, you should take the IELTS Academic Test.
- IELTS General Training Test – If you wish to apply for Canada PR or immigrate to any other country where English is the primary communication language, you should opt for the IELTS General Training test. If you are looking forward to both pursuing education and immigrating abroad, you can opt for the IELTS General Training test.
Difference between the IELTS General Training test and the IELTS Academic test
The IELTS Academic test limits your chances of attaining a Canadian PR whereas if you take the IELTS General Training test, more opportunities to continue living abroad even after completing your education are available as it is easier to get a permanent residency. In the test format, the writing and reading components of both the IELTS General Training test and IELTS Academic test is different whereas the speaking and listening part are the same.
The IELTS test format
The IELTS exam can either be given on paper or on the computer and is divided into four components which are tested in a limited time duration :
- IELTS Listening Test – 30 minutes
- IELTS Speaking Test – 15 minutes
- IELTS Writing Test – 60 minutes
- IELTS Reading Test – 60 minutes
1. IELTS Listening Test Curriculum includes four topics :
- Monologue on an academic topic
- Monologue based on a topic of everyday context
- Group conversation based on an academic topic
- Group conversation based on a topic of everyday context
2. IELTS Writing Test Curriculum includes two tasks
- You will be given either an image, a graph or a diagram, or a chart to summarize and describe it in your own words.
- You will be asked to write an essay in response to an argument or a problem.
3. IELTS Speaking Test Curriculum includes three tasks
- You will be asked basic questions about your family, hobbies, alma mater, other interests, and work.
- You will be handed a card on which a particular topic will be written and then you have to prepare for a minute and then speak on that topic for 2 minutes. After you finish, the examiner may ask a couple of questions related to what you said.
- More questions about the topic in the previous task will be asked but in a manner of discussion.
4. IELTS Reading Test Curriculum includes 40 questions from the following topics :
- Reading 3 long paragraphs based on any topic. The paragraphs may contain either descriptive, analytical or discursive content.
- The texts are picked out from magazines, journals, or newspapers
Preparation for the IELTS exam
You can do your IELTS preparation in the following ways :
- Solve IELTS sample test papers
- Understand and review the IELTS test format
- Start reading newspapers and books to prepare for the reading test part of the IELTS exam.
- Record yourself undergoing a mock speaking test of the IELTS exam.
- Try to communicate more in English and use proper and assertive English words
Calculation of IELTS score
IELTS exam has a score range between 0 (lowest) – 9 (highest) which represents the proficiency of the candidate in English. There is no pass and fail in the IELTS test, you will be awarded an overall band between 0-9 as well as individually in all 4 components of the IELTS test.
Countries accepting IELTS
All primarily English-speaking nations: USA, Canada, UK, Australia, and New Zealand accept IELTS test results as the applicant’s proof of proficiency in the English language.
IELTS test centers in India
The IELTS exam is conducted in more than 70 cities all over India, following are the cities where the IELTS exam is conducted in India :
How can BOI Services help
- Authorized and licensed Immigration Consultancy.
- Check eligibility based on the latest immigration rules & regulations
- Ensure a safe and transparent online process.
- Complaint resolution system to provide excellent customer support
- Profiles are evaluated with specially designed services
- Cases are assessed & rectified multiple times before submission
BOI Services is one of the best Immigration Consultancy in New Delhi, widely regarded as one of the most reputed and trusted Immigration Consultancy in India by its customers. We have assisted hundreds of aspiring candidates in their preparation for the IELTS exam and helped them achieve better results. Our trained, well-versed, and experienced Immigration Experts are dedicated to support you with your immigration process.